As a new member of Chase Bank, it is likely that you are given a new credit card or a debit card. In this case, you are a few steps away from finally using your card for all your future transactions related to your Chase account. All that is left is activate Chase credit card.
If you do not know what to do, here are some things to help you accomplish this simple task. Just do not get too excited yet as you might miss some important details along the way.
How to Activate Chase Credit Card
As mentioned earlier, the procedure to activate Chase credit card is as easy as a pie. All you need to do is follow the prompts and you will be all set in no time. But in case you are still unsure about the procedure or the step-by-step iteration of the online prompt, we have prepared a short instruction for you.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection. Although it is highly unlikely that you have bad internet connectivity, it should serve you best to make sure that it will not cut off just when you are about to hit the most important parts of the prompt.
- Once the internet connection stabilizes, open your browser.
- On your search bar or URL tab just type chase.com/verifycard.
- You will be greeted with the login page on the site’s homepage. Please do enter your login information to start the activation process.
- Once logged in, you will have the option to choose whether to activate your new card or to report a stolen or lost card. Since the intention is to activate your card, then that will be your option to click.
- You will see a new page that will settle the activation process. From there, you will need to enter in your associated identification number along with the new card’s number. For identification number, it could be your Social Security number.
- You will be asked to create a PIN, do so by using the PIN that you will likely to remember easily but hard for anybody else to know.
Do not share your PIN with anybody else. If you are keeping a copy of that PIN, keep it safe somewhere that no one will find except you.
- As soon as you finish the filling-up process, then you will receive a notification that your card is ready for use.
- Just to be safe, wait for at least 24-48 hours until you use your new card. But if you are really excited, then you can try it out within the day.
When you do activate your card, do it on a private computer and network. It will not hurt to be cautious as it is not really safe in present time’s technology to access your financial accounts in public networks. The most advised way is to do it when you are home. Try not to do the deed in any public area such as internet cafes or any public network connection. You may always contact Chase Customer Service for any unusual activity regarding your account.
If you do really need to activate on a public network, do it at your own discretion. Or you can use a VPN to add some extra security on your log-in process. Remember that you are not just entering your personal info but your PIN as well. So be cautious and be careful.
Here is some Chase credit card plan that you can choose from. These are for high limit accounts. If you have a positive credit score, you will probably qualify for these plans.